Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Yes, I know what I said!

Last year I blogged my way around the world. This year I decided not to blog - yeah right!

I got nagged by so many people that I finally caved in, and here is the result - another blog. And as usual, I'm late in getting organised, so this is going live just 5 weeks before I leave. And not having used Blogger since I arrived back home last year, it could take a few weeks to get my head around it again. Patience please folks!

So the highlights of this trip:

* Business class flights from Wellington to London, via Melbourne and Hong Kong - thank you Mr Airpoints!

* 10 days in the UK, based in London.

* 2 weeks tripping with JB from Vienna to Berlin (via Prague) and on to Amsterdam - only to be abandoned as JB wings her way to a conference in the States.

* 7 weeks cruising on the Dawn Princess from Amsterdam to Auckland -  15 ports, 10 of which are different from last year.

What a blast!

Oh, and if you are interested in checking out last year's blog:

http://philipgoesroundtheworldin80days.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Hi Phillip

    Enjoyed your blog from last year - and have now "followed" your new one. WE are just back form our P&O RTW in late Feb - and have now booked 28 days to Tahiti - also quite unexpected as I was a bit "cruised out" after 4 months away from home. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barry and Christine - delighted you will be following me (and BJ!) again. Sounds like you are totally obsessed with cruising! I can relate to that, as I did a similar thing - must be the sea air... Hope I can entertain you again this year. Best wishes. Philip

    ReplyDelete