Friday, August 5, 2011

Strange things that happen at sea...

Quote of the day: “I’ve been on the ships for over 5 years now. I’ve earned enough to pay for our house. It’s a hard life being away from my wife and my children all the time. I want to stop working on the ships, but my father says I should do it longer because it’s a very good job. Maybe I will do one more year, then buy a business back home.” Crew member.

Another restful day at sea. And a classic from the Princess Patter, the daily newsletter listing everything that’s happening on board: 11.45am Didgeridoo players meet. That little gem kept me amused all day! I can just imagine the conversation: “Marge, we’re going on a world cruise. Now whatever you do, don’t forget to pack the didgeridoo.” I didn’t go (surprise, surprise) but I’m left wondering how many people turned up to that one…

No comments:

Post a Comment