Friday, September 2, 2011

Temperatures going down...

Quote of the Day: “My husband takes heaps of photos. He says it jogs his memory. But if you need to jog your memory that much, maybe it’s time you forgot it anyway.”

For the first time there’s a bit of a cold bite in the wind. If you’re in a sheltered spot it’s not too bad, but out on the open decks it’s time to ditch the shorts and t-shirts. Some of the crew are already in long trousers and jumpers, while the sun worshippers are busy trying to get that last bit of depth into their tans.

Today I had a new experience: Trivia Rage! Quite a number of people got grumpy because the passenger talent show ran overtime in the venue we use for afternoon trivia. I couldn’t believe it. And we’re rushing where after this??? Chill, folks… Definitely time get back to the real world.

Tonight is the last formal night, and I’m hopeful of getting there. I think I’ve missed dinner in the dining room 4 nights in a row now, through dining at other venues with friends, and this bloody head cold… Last night I slept right through dinner, and had to resort to the buffet late at night. Too sad… My regular dining companions will be thinking I’ve abandoned them – which is only half true!


No comments:

Post a Comment