Monday, June 13, 2011

Are we heading for Ash Wednesday?

Just when I thought I had it all nailed down (in the last few days I booked a flight from London to Vienna, accommodation in London, Prague, Dresden and Berlin, and got everything in to the accountant for the end of the financial year) Chile's Puyehue-Cordon Caulle volcano decided to erupt. The resulting ash cloud has now spread to New Zealand and Australia, causing many flights to be cancelled. Qantas has canned flights between Wellington and Melbourne, which is the first leg of my flight to the UK.

So I guess it's a case of waiting to see what happens. This little glitch has 9 days to come right... now if anyone knows how to appease the volcano gods, please let me know!

1 comment:

  1. I know the volcano Gods well - unfortunately they were not kind to us in 2008 when we had to cancel our planned holiday in the UK. Hope all goes well for you

    ReplyDelete