Wednesday, June 29, 2011

London - I made it!

After all the uncertainty of the past week, it was great to be able to finally get away on Monday afternoon. The flight was late, but I wasn't complaining. I had great flights, showers etc in the Qantas lounges in Melbourne and Hong Kong, and arrived all together in very good shape - Business Class does that I guess!

I managed to find the Hotel without too many problems, and would probably rate it as "tolerable"  - I knew that anyway, but with the heavy demand in London right now, I'm lucky to have anywhere to stay at all so close to the city centre. I've already seen two "walk-ins" turned away for tonight.

So tomorrow I hit London running. I will be trying to fit 11 days activities into 6 days, so it's going to be busy. I think my Rick Steves guide book is going to get a real hammering...

1 comment: