Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Half Way Point...

Quote of the Day: “I did a calendar spreadsheet on my computer, but only put in 30 days for July instead of 31. It was only last night I realized that. I thought we were docking in Ft Lauderdale today, but now we get an extra day at sea before we can go home.”

Another beautiful day at sea cruising through the Bahamas. I should have been writing today, but it was so nice, I spent that time out on the deck again, listening to the ocean, and chilling.
Daily fresh fruit

It’s amazing how the time flies by. We had another CC (Cruise Critic, aka Crazy Cruisers) lunch to farewell those leaving at Ft Lauderdale tomorrow. After that, I went to the gym, which meant that I could justify scones and coffee for afternoon tea! Sadly, my usual coffee steward is leaving tomorrow too, so I’ll have to train up another one…

I’m putting up a couple of pics of my cabin today, so you can get an idea of where I hibernate when I want peace and quiet. I took these after the wonderful Mr Sumee had done his magic. I now call him “Radar” (after the character in M.A.S.H.) as he has this amazing ability to sense when I’m out of my cabin, and zooms in to tidy it. So far, I haven’t once come back and found it not done, or still being done. He’s a true professional. He told me he’s been on various ships for 8 years, but is currently on his last contract. He’s decided it’s time to go home.
Small but cozy!

Looking the other way
I’m also adding a pic of my progressive chocolate artwork. Every night, my bed is folded back, and two chocolates are left on the pillow. I don’t eat the chocolates (and neither does BJ), so I started arranging them on the tray that holds the water glasses etc, expecting Mr Sumee to decide I was crazy and stop leaving them… But no, they appear every night, and the artwork is getting bigger and bigger. I’ll post updates later in the trip…
Choc-art!

Had the final dinner with Terry and Donna, my lovely dining companions tonight. Very sad to see them go, as we got on so well – we had a ball! I now wait with trepidation to see who turns up tomorrow night. I do have a backup plan though – I was invited to join another table if the new folks don’t work out.

Today marked the mid-point of my trip, which is hard to believe. It only seems a couple of weeks since I left home, but it’s been just on five weeks… and I certainly don’t want to get off the ship yet!



No comments:

Post a Comment