Friday, August 12, 2011

San Juan Del Sur - Nicaragua

Quote of the Day: “I left my iPad on a seat up in the coffee lounge while I went to the loo, and someone swiped it. And I was worried about crime in Panama…”

San Juan turned out to be another great port I’d never heard of. I had originally booked an excursion to Granada, but cancelled as I didn’t fancy another long drive to get there. That turned out to be another good call, as it was much hotter in Granada than at the port.

Mike, Heather and I did a walk along the bay, and sat for a while under some trees, soaking up the scenery. The beach was virtually deserted, but we did get chatting with a young German surfer, who told us he had a hostel room in town for $US10 per night. The surf was good, so he thought he’s be staying a while.

The town itself was cute, and surprisingly clean. The multicoloured houses were reminiscent of Curacao, but not as modern. Walking back through town, we found an open sided restaurant, where we got 4 very drinkable beers for $US7. The food seemed very reasonably priced too, so cheap living all round here.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you could visit our little town...
    Yes it is fun living here and also low budget for some. Maybe you can come back and stay longer and get to know the town and the people too.
    We came over 8 years ago from Dallas and have not looked back. Wonderful place to retire or just enjoy. www.parkavenuevillas.com, www.sailingnicaragua.com
    thanks for the nice write-up and hope you see you soon.

    ReplyDelete