Friday, July 29, 2011

The CC lunch

Quote of the Day: “Yes, I know I should go to the gym. These trousers were loose when I got on board, and now they feel like they need letting out. Or maybe I’ll go walking on the deck after lunch…”

Today the lovely Cruise Critic group (aka Crazy Cruisers 2011) got together for lunch in the Venetian Dining Room. We’re the people who were chatting to each other on the Cruise Critic website before the cruise began. There were about 85 of us on the list back in May, and while some had met beforehand, most didn’t meet until onboard.

So the long-suffering restaurant had to endure another onslaught of rowdy passengers, which they did with great aplomb. We made sure we thanked all the staff involved at great length, so hopefully they will let us back en masse for the next gathering, just prior to Ft Lauderdale, when some of our number will be leaving.

I was surprised at lunch by being given a Bloody Legend Award. I had no idea that was coming. The inscription says: “Crazy Cruisers 2011 Bloody Legend Award is hereby granted to Philip for being a persistent traveler and a Bloody Crazy Cruisers Legend. (BJ complained that he wasn’t included, but I told him he didn’t count, as he was still hibernating in the suitcase at that stage.) So there – my travel exploits have been duly recognized!

Temperatures are rising, the sun is out, the clocks are going back every couple of days so every day is a sleep-in day, and the green tea supply is holding out. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment