Saturday, July 2, 2011

Victoria and Albert and all that jazz...

Took in the V&A today - amazing place, which seems to have grown in size since I was last there. My guidebook says there are over 12 miles of corridors, and I believe it! But it's sensory overload territory: the jewellery section alone sets the head reeling... must go back there again too!

From there I explored Hyde Park. It always seems rather odd to me that the British neatly fence off all the grassy areas so that no-one will walk on them - not something that would happen in Kiwiland. Had a giggle at the sign beside the Princess Diana fountain (which looks nothing like a fountain) saying that no-one is permitted to walk in the water. Yeah right! Someone forgot the 100+ youngsters who were having a ball in it on a lovely summers day...

Trawled up and down Oxford Street, checked out the sales, and bought nothing. By then the day was shot and so were my poor feet! No photos today - need new batteries. Maybe tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment